Solar Energy

Today approximately 80% of energy consumption worldwide comes from fossil fuels and only 1% comes from solar energy.

The UK is trying to increase the percentage of solar energy consumption within the country since 2011 by reducing the prices of solar panels and introducing a feed-in tariff(FIT) in 2010. Currently 2.49% of UK’s energy consumption comes from solar power.

At Wiles Greenworld, Green Office Suppliers London, we are always trying to find different ways to have an Eco Friendly Office. One of the ways is by installing solar panels on the roof of our building.

Approximately in the years of 2015-2016 75% percent of the energy consumed at Wiles Greenworld comes from our solar panels and the remaining 25% from various renewable sources.

There are various benefits of using solar energy, such as cutting your carbon footprint, saving your costs and being able to sell electricity back to the grid, if the panels produce more electricity than you need. The UK government FIT scheme also pays for the energy you generate, even if you use it.

This entry was posted in Environmental Consultancy, Environmental Legislation, News and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.