Wiles Greenworld is committed to maintaining its position as the industry leader regarding emissions reductions, minimising environmental impact and promoting sustainability among its suppliers and customers.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimising waste by evaluating operations to ensure maximum efficiency and minimal waste.
- Minimising toxic emissions through the intelligent selection and operation of our fleet, reducing energy usage and improving the disposal of our waste.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst customers and suppliers.
- Pursue the company policy of green procurement based on products and manufacturers environmental accreditations thus mitigating impacts from manufacturing, distribution and disposal.
- Promote the use of green products through marketing and proactive account management.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and wherever possible, aim to perform beyond compliance.
- Apply a structured management approach to measure, monitor and target our environmental impacts.
- Measure our carbon footprint and incentivise ongoing reductions through proportionate charitable donations to greenhouse gas reducing schemes.
- To be transparent and honest via a system of comprehensive reporting.
Sustainable Development Director